Installation must be done by highly experienced and qualified professionals. Installation mistake voids warranty.
Install at your own risk. ClutchMax is not liable for any personal injury or property damage.
Failure to follow following important steps will void warranty. Following must be read and understood completely before installation.
By installing this product, you are agreeing that you have read, understood, and agreeing to the contents on this page and the limited warranty terms.
- Ensure installation of the clutch is correct for the application. Make sure vehicle is in factory stock condition with no aftermarket swap. Installing a clutch to the wrong application will void the warranty. Clutch Kit may look different due to use of different manufacturer.
- NEVER touch clutch disc facings. Even a slight grease residue on disc can and will result premature failure.
- Clean the pressure plate friction surface with solvent. Most pressure plate fits on locating dowels. Rotating Pressure Plate may be necessary to line up offset dowels. Some kits will require dowel pins to be removed prior to installation.
- Slide disc on transmission shaft to ensure proper fit. Verify correct fit of release bearing and pilot bearing (if applicable).
- HAND TIGHTEN pressure plate bolts using a STAR PATTERN and tighten GRADUALLY in MULTIPLE STEPS to vehicle manufacturer’s torque specifications.
- Clean the flywheel surfaces with solvent or detergent. Clutch slippage or chatter can be caused by a dirty or oily surface.
- LIGHTLY grease the splines of the disc and slide the new disc on the input shaft to insure fit and smooth travel, and wipe off any excess grease COMPLETELY.
- Replace Pilot bearing/bushing, and apply a LIGHT coat of motor oil to bushings, or high temperature bearing grease to needle-type bearings.
- LIGHTLY lubricate the release bearing inside diameter and the mating surfaces between the fork and releaser. WIPE OFF any visible excess grease.
- Adjust the clutch release system by following the manufacturer’s procedures and specifications. MAKE SURE you PROPERLY BREAK IN new clutch for 500 miles of VERY GENTLE street driving. Failure to break in properly will void warranty.
- If only clutch kit was purchased and re-using used flywheel, warranty could void
- If you have hydraulics clutch, Make sure you bleed the hydraulics lines multiple times repeatedly to ensure there is absolutely no air in the system. Even trace amount of air in the system will dramatically reduce the power of master and or slave cylinder. If you have cable system, check and adjust cable and pivot point for proper releasing.